
Now I am not exactly the "greenest" person you will meet. But Allie is determined to "greenovate" me. She asked if we could buy this cleaner that is supposed to be more "green" than the old cleaners I have used since the dinosaur age of the 80's. So, we bought it (very sceptically, I must admit) and it really is an OK cleaner - no big prizes!
BUT, I discovered a FABULOUS use for this stuff that is not really what it is intended for(sorry dangling preposition!). Wanna know what? .............. It kills flying bugs!! Now, FYI, I cannot rest when there is a fly in my house. It drives me nuts, and sometimes in the spring and summer, it seems like there are millions! (maybe 5 or 6) Back in college, in the good old aerosol (told you I wasn't green) hair spray days, I found out that you could spray flys with hair spray (in my mind this was better than spraying pestisides everywhere and I CANNOT stand fly swatters - squished bugs - YUCK!) and it would slow them down long enough to scoop them up with a paper towel (more waste, I know) and throw them away with no mess............ WELL, one day it occured to me that instead of wasting my hair spray and getting the whole house gluey, there must be something else I could spray on them to slow them down. VOILA, Green Works, works!! You wait until they land, spray them, and it totally makes them slow enough to squish!
I know this is a crazy subject, but it is the small simple joys that make my day!:)



No comments:
Post a Comment