I started selling things on Ebay about a year ago. Some days I am super motivated and feel like listing tons of items and I get a strange thrill out of making the listing perfect and beautiful. I love making the font color match whatever I am selling and taking a million pictures until I get some that are just right. Can you say "control freak?"
And then they start changing the rules on me. Now you can no longer use a picture from another website(at least not from J Crew) in your listing. GRRR!!! Using those professional shots used to make my listings so much prettier. sigh. I mean the money is nice(of course!), but I think it is just the student in me that needs to do a little project and (in my mind) if the item sells well, that is my good grade.
I haven't had a real job or a real grade in about 15 years so I guess this is about as close as I can get. Maybe I should get Ethan and Allie to give me a report card on mothering. No nevermind. That would not go well.
Cooking - not so much
Cleaning -"who's coming over?" asks a kid.
Laundry - THAT I can do - anything involving clothes is kinda fun.
Gardening - I killed my fake plants
Grocery shopping - only once a day (can't remember to bring the list)
Loving them - OK I rock at that.
Maybe I'll go back to school someday or get a job that involves a paycheck but for now it's back to Ebay :)
Saturday, May 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Ok, little Miss Valedictorian, let's review your skill-set:
ReplyDeleteCooking - ok, not only do you put on AT LEAST 2 huge meals a year for teh entire Howard clan (and about a million casual ones),you also are a veteran cooking champ, thanks to your variation on brownies. :)
Cleaning - as much as you entertain your lovely family, cleaning when people are "coming over" is actually fairly often.
Laundry - yes, you have that one down cold. Thanks to me, though, and all the practicing you did on my college laundry. :)
Gardening - oh, that skill is so over-rated anyway
Grocery shopping - this goes along with the cooking deal. If you're buying groceries that often, there has got to be some kind of cooking going on. "Semi-homemade" is nothing to be ashamed of! :)
Loving them - yes, you do rock at that. And considering this is the most important one, I'd say you definitely get an A+++++!
You are so very sweet(and biased):) I love you my brilliant talented sister.
ReplyDelete